ABOUT THE LEADERSHIP GROUP
Casuarina Storm has a great tradition of fostering the very best role models and leaders amongst our senior swimmers. The Leadership Group is entrusted with guiding and strengthening the Club’s youth activities. If your child is 12 years or over, please encourage them to nominate for the Leadership Group.
Leadership Group members are asked to commit to the following:
• attend regular group meetings (usually monthly, after Saturday morning training)
• contribute ideas about the way they want their Club to run
• support and assist new swimmers to the Club
• support and mentor junior swimmers at meets, including attending 8 and under meets
• be a great role model for their team mates
• assist with the planning and preparation of social and fundraising activities as determined by the Group
Being a part of the Leadership Group is an important role for our senior swimmers. Swimmers should think carefully about why they would like to be a part of the Group and answer the questions below before nominating.
• Why should you be chosen for the Leadership group?
• What does it mean to you to be a leader?
• What skills, ideas, experience can you bring to the Group?
All swimmers who nominate will be contacted by the Committee (via parent/guardian email) and invited to join the Leadership Group meetings. Nominations are accepted at any time during the swimming season. Leadership is important for the continued development of Casuarina Storm’s young swimmers. Our new Leaders have a challenging position; please show them your support.